Monday, July 19, 2010

Heat Gun Saved My Amor

I was having big problems with the wrinkles that I got in the Chest Plate. Working with PVC is not an easy task at all and I was getting depressed and frustrated from the lack of workability of the plastic. Then I went on a costume forum and one very nice gal suggested


(two giant wrinkles)

I just go out and get a $20 heat gun from Home Depot and spot heat the areas that I need to manipulate. *Smacks forehead* Of course! and guess what. That was the most important thing that I have bought so far to work with this stuff. I was able to completely take out the wrinkles and smooth everything down so that it looks halfway decent. I was able to do this on all the pieces I have worked with so far. But these were by far the most dramatic in change.

Now grant you I am giong for the thrashed war look. (I always like to be a little dirty) So there should be some pings and scorch marks here and there. I mean come on, some of those guys have flamethrowers and when your shields go down…well you can guess. I’m not going to look like just walked out of a Citadel armor shop with my shiny shinnies. Mind you I’m not bagging on those that have made the looking good N7 armor. As a matter of fact I am quite in awe of their talent, patience and ability.

Sooooo that is a good excuse right? It’s not me being jealous, not at all… So if you want to work with PVC get a eat gun or our gong to get frustrated and wonder why it’s not working right. It was a sanity saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment